DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES on deck! These are the moistiest (not a typo) & fudgiest bars ever, and an absolute must for your valentine baking! Don’t you just L O V E the chocolate drizzle & salt flakes. I also make these with a white chocolate drizzle and rose petals. Use your imagination for inventive toppings, but…Use. This. Recipe. It’s so gooood! I used Hershey’s cocoa & semi-sweet chocolate chips to make these irresistible chocolate treats! Mailed half to my niece and sent the rest to my hubs work – had to get them out of the house and away from my tummy! These guys are addictive!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa (I used Hershey’s)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour ( I used King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used Hershey’s semi sweet chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (white or semi-sweet or whatever sounds good to you)
- Salt flakes or rose petals for garnish (the salt flakes are extra special because they really bring out the chocolate flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9" x 13" pan with parchment paper
- In a medium saucepan, begin to melt butter on very low. Continue with the next step.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Then add in the cocoa, salt, baking powder & espresso powder, and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- When the butter is melted, add the sugar and stir to combine. Stir until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add the hot butter & sugar to the cocoa mixture. Then add vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips. Do not over stir. You want the mixture to just incorporate the flour.
- Carefully pour the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth it out to all the edges.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean (with just a few crumbs).
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut and decorate or just eat them out of the pan!
- Melt the chips in the microwave. Once melted, scoop the chocolate in a small plastic bag with a spatula. Push the melted chocolate toward one corner. Cut the tip of the bag (I cut off a really tiny piece) and squeeze to drizzle over the cut brownies.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour’s Fudge Brownie Recipe