I was inspired to make this dish after seeing something similar posted by a fellow foodie. These meatballs are tender and filling. One will do; maybe even just half. My hubs loved this dish and the hearty red sauce is what makes it. I hope you try it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I used leftover Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing mix I had in the freezer)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 (15 oz) jar of good marinara or homemade red sauce (See link in notes)
- 1 lb linguine, cooked al dente
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and parchment paper.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan, egg and salt & pepper in a large bowl. Form beef mixture into 4-5 large meatballs.
- Bake the meatballs for 10 minutes. Turn the meat balls over and bake for another 8-10 minutes. I use a temperature prob and remove them when they are at 165 degrees internal temperature.
- While your meatballs are baking, heat your red sauce & prepare your linguine.
- Add the prepared linguine to the red sauce and toss.
- Place a serving of linguine tossed in the red in a bowl. Top with 1 or 2 meatballs. Garnish with additional Parmesan & green herbs.
I make my own Hearty Red Sauce and use it for multiple dishes.