Made this savory stove top tomato & egg dish, last week. SHASHUKA is a simple North African dish of eggs cooked in tomato sauce. I made the tomato sauce with cherry tomatoes I had leftover in the fridge & some marinara I froze. Served it with crusty bread & it was oh so satisfying!
Shakshuka (Eggs in Tomato Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups marinara sauce or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 3 large eggs
- Dash of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in medium sauté pan. Add the onion, garlic and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are blistered.
- Add the marinara and cook until heated through.
- Add the fresh spinach.
- Make a hole for each egg. Once the eggs are placed in each hole, leave the heat on simmer and cover the pan with foil. After about 5 minutes, check to see if the eggs are done. If not, cover again and continue to check until the eggs achieve the desired doneness.
- Add a few grinds of black pepper and serve warm with bread.
What a gorgeous start to a 3-day weekend! I’ve got just what you need to kick it off – – – COCONUT YOGURT w/SLICED BLOOD ORANGES, COCONUT FLAKES, PISTACHIOS, HEMP SEEDS, MINT & ZEST – – – Winter citrus is the best!
Good Morning! Enjoying a gorgeouful (yes, I like to make up words) sunrise & getting ready for yoga. My breakfast choice this beautiful morning is Siggis Dairy vanilla yogurt topped with kiwi, raspberries, pomegranate, a couple of blueberries, black chia seeds and pistachios. Can you say DELISH!?!