National Hot Chocolate Day found the right date to park, this year ~ the entire northern part of the US is below freezing! Wow! This twist on a favorite is sure to warm you up! I added organic coconut condensed milk and it is mind blowing how awesome this is! Get cozy and try it!
Hot Chocolate w/Coconut Cream
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (7.4 oz) can of sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (11.5 oz) package of Hershey’s milk chocolate chips
- Whipping cream and cacao nibs for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan or crockpot. Whisk slowly, until chocolate chips are melted. Bring to a simmer and serve in a mug, topped with whipped cream and cacao nibs.
Makin’ a fashion statement, today! First, aren’t these lattes beautiful! Second, I’ve lost 4 lbs (in 12 days) drinking this soothing concoction. Ok, and cutting back on the food & wine intake. Third, it’s widely documented that “golden milk” aids in digestion & breaking down fat, AND assists in stopping the spread of cancer (and I’ll take all the help I can take in that area). So, there ya have it ~ beauty & health! Who woulda thunk it! Recipe & photo styling inspiration from Two Spoons Blog www.twospoons.ca ~ I made several tweaks to the recipe to suit my taste.
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBS honey
- 3 pods cardamom
- 3 peppercorns
- 1/2 cup steamed milk (I made mine in my Nespresso frother)
- Rose petals for garnish
- Whisk all ingredients, except rose petals in a small pan. Heat to a low simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- While the turmeric latte is heating, steam the milk.
- Once it is finished heating, strain the peppercorns and cardamom. Pour into a mug and top off with steamed milk and sprinkle a few rose petals on top.