One of the things I love about making almond milk is the nut pulp that’s leftover. It became a challenge for me to figure out how to use this byproduct. I created these “no bake” energy bites from researching a variety of recipes. They make quite a few, so feel free to freeze them! Oh, and they’re gluten free and dairy free.
Chocolate Nut Pulp Bites – GF/DF
This recipe makes quite a few energy balls. I froze most of them in small baggies, so I could take out a few at a time.
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1 tsp expresso powder
- 4 TBS almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Almond milk pulp from 1 cup of almonds (the leftover pulp)
- Pinch sea salt
- Semi sweet chocolate
- Salt flakes
- Blend dry ingredients in a processor. Then add pulp & other wet ingredients. Process until it is crumbly. Empty into large bowl.
- Roll into balls and place in the refrigerator to firm up (for 30 minutes, or so).
- Melt chocolate and dip tops of the chilled balls in the chocolate. Place balls on tray lined with parchment paper. Top with salt flakes.
- Place in the refrigerator to set.