I found this cocktail on the Wine Enthusiast website and it’s a winner! Even better, you probably have all the ingredients in your casa! It’s just dark rum, lime, simple syrup & red wine! I like using a Malbec or Tempranillo for this yummy drink. Here’s the recipe:
3 oz Havana Club Dark Rum
1 oz Simple Syrup
1 oz Lime
1 oz Red Wine
Shake in an ice filled shaker & serve
If you’re not a fan of eggnog, but you want a festive, creamy drink, I’ve got you!!! A friend of mine that lives the expat life in San Miguel de Allende posted about a holiday cocktail he was drinking. It looked so good! All he knew was that it was creamy, and it had apple cider & bourbon in it. I think I figured it out!! See what you think!
Old Fashioned Apple Cider & Bourbon Milk Punch
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (I used low fat)
- 3 cups apple cider
- 3 cups bourbon (or more if you’re staying home)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 dashes of aromatic bitters
- Hard ice
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- In a blender, add all the ingredients and mix until frothy.
- Pour the cocktail into a rock’s glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with a dash of ground cinnamon & a cinnamon stick.
- You can certainly adjust the apple cider & bourbon to your taste.
- Variation: Instead of cinnamon use pumpkin pie spice for a Thanksgiving flair.
I created this drink after a long day of cooking. I think it tastes darn good and I love the color. Give it a try! Cheers!
- 2 oz Gin
- 2 tsp Royal Rose Blueberry Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Creme de Violette
- Blueberries for garnish
- Put all ingredients, except blueberries, in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously.
- Pour into a martini glass and garnish with some luxardo cherries.
Nothing says summer & July 4th more than a red, white and blue pop shaped like a rocket. I love GoodPop’s Red, White and Blue – their version is made from 100% fruit juice, and is Non-GMO and Gluten Free. The sweet cherry and lemonade flavor is perfect for this patriotic cocktail.
Patriotic Cherry Lemonade Cocktail
- 8 oz. Lemonade (I used Simply Lemonade Light, but you could certainly make your own)
- 1 oz. Cherry Vodka
- Splash of Prosecco or Champagne
- Red, White and Blue Frozen Pop (I used the GoodPop brand)
- Mix the lemonade and vodka in a shaker.
- Fill a glass large enough to hold the frozen pop with ice.
- Pour in the lemonade mixture, leaving room for the pop and a splash of bubbly.
- Top off with bubbly, and serve with the frozen pop & straw.
This martini is summer in glass. I used some of some of my Fredericksburg peach haul to make this yummy cocktail. Its sophisticated, refreshing and easy to make. Perfect for a summer evening on the patio.
Peach & Orange Blossom Martini
- 1.5 ounces Ketel One Botanicals Peach & Orange Blossom Vodka
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 tsp Agave sweetener
- 1/2 peach, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 shakes of orange bitters
- Orange Italian soda
- Sliced peaches and mint, for garnish
- Place everything in a shaker, except soda & garnish.
- Muddle the peaches. Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a martini glass. Top off with soda & garnish with sliced peaches and a sprig of mint.
WINE & SPIRITS
This light milkshake celebrating the Kentucky Derby is life changing! It’s made with light chocolate & butter pecan ice cream & fat free whipped cream. Kentucky bourbon, optional. The race is only 2 minutes, but it will take you at least 4 to drink up this shake! Enjoy. I’m off to the races!
Kentucky Derby Pie Milkshake
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 scoop low fat chocolate ice cream (I used Breyers Delight)
- 1 scoop low fat butter pecan (I used Breyers Delight)
- 1/2 cup low fat milk or nut milk (I used homemade almond milk)
- Chocolate syrup
- Reddi Whip Fat Free Whipped Cream
- 1/8 cup crushed pecans
- 1/4 cup crushed butter cookies (I used Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies)
- Chessmen Horse Cookie & straws for garnish
- Place a tall glass in the freezer.
- Crush a few pecans and butter cookies in a baggie, until fine. Place on a plate.
- Rim a tall glass with chocolate syrup. Then dip in crushed butter cookies & pecans.
- Squeeze chocolate syrup along the inside of the glass. Set aside. This will allow the chocolate to drip all the way down the inside of the glass.
- Mix bourbon, ice cream and milk in the blender, until smooth. Carefully pour into prepared glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream, a horse cookie and a sprinkle of the crushed cookies & pecans. Sip with a straw and watch the Kentucky Derby!
WINE & SPIRITS
Are you celebrating a large refund, crying over what you owe, or just a CPA that’s happy tax season is over? This is an awesome cocktail to imbibe in no matter where you fall. This cocktail dates back to the 1920s and you can find many versions of the recipe. They all have gin, vermouth & fresh orange juice. The recipe also calls for bitters, which was thought by many to be a nod to the bitterness of giving away a portion of your hard-earned cash to the government. I tested several recipes before deciding on this one from mr boston drinks ~ it’s delicious & tastes like an artisan cocktail from Hotel Emma (San Antonio’s premiere boutique hotel). Just sayin’.
Recipe from https://mrbostondrinks.com/recipes/income-tax-cocktail
- 1 oz gin
- 1/4 oz dry vermouth
- 1/4 oz sweet vermouth
- 1 oz fresh orange juice
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Orange peel for garnish
- Pour all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously, and then pour in a martini glass glass or coupe.
- Garnish with an orange peel twist.
WINE & SPIRITS
You didn’t think I’d get through this strawberry extravaganza w/out posting a cocktail did you???I used my Vanilla & Thyme Roasted Strawberries as the base for this refreshing cocktail. The lemony & minty tones of the thyme was perfect for this cocktail. Just muddle a spoonful of roasted strawberries, add a squeeze of lemon, a shot of vodka & lots of crushed ice. Give it a little sparkle by topping it off w/a splash of ginger ale or bubbly. It’s berrilicious!
- 1 heaping spoonful of Vanilla Thyme Roasted Strawberries
- 1 TBS roasted strawberry syrup
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 oz vodka
- Crushed ice
- Spring of fresh thyme
- Optional - Ginger ale or your choice of bubbly
- Place roasted strawberries and syrup in bottom of a glass. Muddle the strawberries.
- Add the lemon juice and vodka. Mix well.
- Add crushed ice & garnish with a sprig of thyme
- If desired, splash a little ginger ale or bubbly to top it off. Enjoy!
WINE & SPIRITS
Laissez les bons temps rouler! Qui, cher! It’s Mardi Gras & I’m channeling Arnaud’s with this CARNIVAL COLADA. And, since its Fat Tuesday, I’m enjoying this La Panaderia Kings Cake Rosca with my cocktail! I love that the official colors of Mardi Gras stand for Justice ~ Power ~ Faith. By the way, this cocktail is on the healthy side. It is made with unsweetened almond milk, pineapple juice, coconut rum & Suncore butterfly pea flower super powder for the pretty purple color.
- 1 (6 oz) can pineapple juice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 oz Malibu coconut rum
- 1 tsp agave honey
- 1 tsp Suncore Butterfly Pea Flower Super Powder
- For garnish: Agave honey, sugar crystals & mint
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix.
- Rim the glass with honey & then dip in green sugar.
- Fill with crushed ice and pour drink mixture over ice. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
WINE & SPIRITS
Moonstruck Margarita comin’ atcha, just in time for your Oscar Party! This stunning Blood Orange Margarita (with a twist) is perfect for your awards night party or anytime for that matter! And, who doesn’t love a movie themed cocktail!
- Juice of 1 blood orange
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 oz vanilla syrup
- 1/2 tsp agave honey (or just eyeball it & squirt a tiny amount about the size of tsp)
- 2 oz tequila reposada
- 1 oz Cointreau
- Lime slices for garnish & turbinado sugar
- Agave honey and Pink Himalayan salt for garnish
- Place everything except the items for the garnish in a shaker
- Add a cup of really hard ice & shake vigorously
- Strain & serve in a champagne coupe that has been rimmed with agave honey & dipped in pink Himalayan salt
- Garnish with a floating broiled lime slice (broil lime slices on a sheet pan with a sprinkle of turbinado sugar - not much - for 2-3 minutes until slightly browned)