I’m celebrating National Donut Day with these Pride themed donuts. Every year, during the month of June, the LGBTQ community celebrates the influence they have on world. I love all the parades and parties honoring this community, many of which are family and close friends. Donuts + Rainbows = a super yummilicious dessert!
P.S. I used all natural food coloring to make the rainbow drizzle. Deets on the recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBS unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2 TBS milk (I used low fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 TBS milk
- Optional: Natural food coloring, such as pea flower, beet and hibiscus powder, matcha powder and turmeric. I used Suncore Foods Super Juice Powders.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 6 donut nonstick pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a measuring container, put in the milk, egg, butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until all lumps are gone, but do not over mix.
- Place a quart bag in a large cup. Pour mixture into the bag and snip off about a 3/4 inch.
- Pipe each donut until it is almost full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Turn out the donuts on parchment paper to cool.
- While the donuts cool, prepare the glaze. Put a rack on the parchment paper.
- Once cool, dip each donut in the white glaze. Place on a rack to drip.
- Divide the remaining glaze into ramekins and mix with desired colors. Drizzle glazed donuts with colored glaze. Let set & enjoy!
Add additional milk or powdered sugar to get glaze to desired consistency. I like mine thick.