Jump to recipe
Sweet & salty is always an awesome combo! The honey icing and crispy pork panko topping is money. Frying the pork panko up a bit to get it extra crunchy was so perfect for these fluffy donuts!
Fried Pork Panko Honey Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBS unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2 TBS milk (I used low fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBS honey
- 2 TBS milk
- Pork Panko Topping:
- 1 cup pork panko
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 6 donut nonstick pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a measuring container, put in the milk, egg, butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until all lumps are gone, but do not over mix.
- Place a piping bag in a large cup. Pour mixture into the bag and snip off about a 3/4 inch. Pipe each donut until it is almost full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly brown. When done, turn out the donuts on a rack to cool.
- While the donuts are baking make the glaze and sauté the panko.
- Mix all the glaze ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- Sauté the pork panko in a non stick pan on medium heat. Stir frequently to brown evenly. Set aside and cool completely.
- Dip each donut in the honey glaze & then in the fried pork panko.