This light milkshake celebrating the Kentucky Derby is life changing! It’s made with light chocolate & butter pecan ice cream & fat free whipped cream. Kentucky bourbon, optional. The race is only 2 minutes, but it will take you at least 4 to drink up this shake! Enjoy. I’m off to the races!
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 scoop low fat chocolate ice cream (I used Breyers Delight)
- 1 scoop low fat butter pecan (I used Breyers Delight)
- 1/2 cup low fat milk or nut milk (I used homemade almond milk)
- Chocolate syrup
- Reddi Whip Fat Free Whipped Cream
- 1/8 cup crushed pecans
- 1/4 cup crushed butter cookies (I used Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies)
- Chessmen Horse Cookie & straws for garnish
- Place a tall glass in the freezer.
- Crush a few pecans and butter cookies in a baggie, until fine. Place on a plate.
- Rim a tall glass with chocolate syrup. Then dip in crushed butter cookies & pecans.
- Squeeze chocolate syrup along the inside of the glass. Set aside. This will allow the chocolate to drip all the way down the inside of the glass.
- Mix bourbon, ice cream and milk in the blender, until smooth. Carefully pour into prepared glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream, a horse cookie and a sprinkle of the crushed cookies & pecans. Sip with a straw and watch the Kentucky Derby!