I love pistachios! Made this nut milk the other day, and we really enjoyed it with our pancakes, waffles and oats. If I’m honest, I tried it on cereal and that’s a no! This is not a nut milk I recommend drinking straight. The color of this milk is lovely. Go ahead and try it!
- Soaking Step:
- 1 cup pistachios
- 3 cups water
- Milk Prep:
- Soaked pistachios
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS agave nectar
- Pistachios do not need to be soaked. I went ahead and soaked mine for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse, thoroughly.
- Place pistachios, 4 cups of filtered water, vanilla and agave nectar in a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Place your Ellie’s Best Bigger Better Nut Bag in a large mixing bowl. You want it standing up so you can pour the blended pistachio mixture in the bag. Pour the liquid mixture in.
- Pull the string tight at the top and begin twisting and squeezing the bag with your hands. The milk will separate from the pulp. Continue this process until you only have pulp left in the bag.
- Bottle the nut milk. I purchased some small milk containers with a sealable rubber top. Refrigerate the milk. When ready to serve, shake the bottle since their a little separation while the milk sits.
- Milk will keep for up to 5 days