Jump to recipe
Cozy up to a bowl of these yummy “drunk” pinto beans. The beer and chicken stock makes them extra flavorful. Serve as a soup with some cornbread slathered with butter. It’s also a great side for smoked meats and chicken & Mexican food dishes.
- 16 ounce package @heb pinto beans, rinsed
- 32 ounce carton of @centralmarket organic free range chicken broth, or your favorite broth
- 2 cans or bottles of your favorite beer
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, cut in half with seeds removed
- 1 medium onion, 2 Roma tomatoes, 1 green bell pepper, 1 or 2 carrots
- 1 tsp comino
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock add the rinsed beans, carton of chicken stock, garlic, jalapeño and the beer
- Cut the the onion, tomatoes, bell pepper and carrots into large chunks and add to pot. Season with comino & salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 2 hours on low heat. Check on the beans periodically. If the liquid has been absorbed by the beans, you can add 1 tablespoon of Better than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base & 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Note: You want to have some of the delicious broth, especially if you plan on eating this like a soup the way I do!