This is a one of our go-to leftover Thanksgiving turkey recipes. It travels really well, so it’s something I make to deliver to our kids. Simple to prepare and it feeds a crowd. Whether you use turkey or chicken, it’s a super satisfying and cozy meal.
Chicken (or Turkey) Spaghetti Casserole
- 4 cups shredded chicken or turkey
- 12 oz package of spaghetti, cooked 1 minute less than recommended & drained
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) light sour cream
- 4 TBS melted butter
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs or chickpea crumbs
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine everything except the topping.
- To make topping, combine the melted butter & bread crumbs.
- Top the casserole with 1 cup cheddar cheese & then the butter & bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until bubbly.