Jump to recipe
This is my mom’s recipe, and it’s something that has to be made every Thanksgiving at our house. Of course, I make them throughout the year because who doesn’t love a deviled egg! They are simple, yet so delicious! Give them a try!
- 1 dozen eggs, boiled for 12 minutes, plunged in ice water for 5 minutes and peel
- 2-4 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- S & P to taste
- 3-4 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Garnish with bacon, paprika & thyme
- Cut peeled eggs in half & place cooked yolks in a bowl and the whites in a platter
- Mix yolks with vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise and salt & pepper, until smooth
- Use to 2 spoons to place a TBS of mix into each egg. You can also use a piping bag, if you desire.
- Variation: You can elevate these already yummy deviled eggs by adding 2 tsp rendered bacon fat (cut back the mayonnaise a bit), 1 tsp paprika and a few dashes of Louisiana pepper sauce.