Jump to recipe
After a week in NYC, I’m so happy to be back in my own kitchen! Still tired, so I had groceries delivered. Breakfast is toasted sourdough bread with peanut butter & my HOMEMADE POTEET STRAWBERRY RHUBARB JAM. I make this jam, every year, when Poteet strawberries are in season. Poteet, Texas is the strawberry capital of the world, don’t ya know!
Adapted from a Food.com recipe by Dannygirl
- 4 cups strawberries, crushed (can be frozen)
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut in small pieces (can be frozen)
- 5-6 cups Sugar in the Taw turbinado sugar
- 1 3 oz box of liquid fruit pectin
- Stand jars, rims and lids in hot water until ready to be filled
- Place fruit in large stock pot and stir in pectin. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Using a blender wand break up the fruit, leaving some chunks
- Add the sugar and return to a full boil and boil 1 minute.
- After 1 minute of boiling, remove from heat and immediately ladle into jars leaving 1/8 inch of space at the top. Put the rims and seals on the jars and tighten as much as possible. Invert the jars for 5 minutes and then turn upright.
- Let sit for 24 hours before serving.