My sister-in-law gave us some of her homemade granola for Christmas. It was so yummy, I had to get the recipe. I made a few tweaks, like switching from canola oil to coconut oil. Sent my son a big batch to his office and he said everyone said it’s addictive. So, there you have it. Healthy & addictive.
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or your favorite nuts, like cashews, pecans, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Optional: Add 1 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Prepare a large caking sheet with foil and parchment paper.
- Mix oats, nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix coconut oil & maple syrup. Pour evenly over oat mixture. Toss until all of the oats are coated.
- Spread oat mixture evenly onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1.5 hours. After 45 minutes, turn the oat mixture.
- When done, remove from oven and cool.
- Optional: Once completely cooked add chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
- Store in tightly sealed container.