I’ve made so many versions of banana bread, but this one has to be my favorite! It’s so moist and I love the cinnamon surprise in the middle. Just know if you make it, you better hide yourself a slice because it’s going to be gone before you can even get it out of the pan.
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed with a fork
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Cinnamon filling: 1 TBS cinnamon mixed with 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter & flour a loaf pan. You can use any size. Just adjust baking time accordingly.
- Mix everything, except the flour, with a spatula. Add the flour and incorporate gently. Don’t over mix.
- Add half the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Then sprinkle half or more of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter, leaving a half inch without sugar on all sides. Pour remaining batter on top. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Adjust baking time depending on the size pan you are using.