This savory French toast is rich and luxurious. The light cantaloupe and arugula salad is the perfect compliment to these thick & buttery fried slabs of heaven! Try it and you’ll know I’m not lyin’! I used extra thick sliced challah bread is from a local bakery.
- 8 thick sliced pieces of challah bread, halved on the diagonal
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 milk
- 1 TBS grain mustard
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Fresh chives, oregano & thyme for garnish
- Sliced canteloupe, arugula and prosciutto
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, grain mustard, dried mustard, coriander, Italian herb seasoning and salt & pepper, until thoroughly mixed.
- Melt the butter and garlic in a small sauce, until the edges are bubbling.
- Dip all sides of each slice of bread in the egg mixture. Brush some of the garlic butter in the griddle. Place the dipped bread on the griddle and brown on all sides and edges.
- Top with a drizzle of the garlic butter & sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Serve with sliced canteloupe, arugula and prosciutto seasoned with sea salt and cracked pepper.