I love to get inspiration from Instagram and Pinterest. The savory oats @clemfoodie posted a few days ago made my mouth water! So, here is my version of SAVORY PORRIDGE w/GREENS, AVOCADO & a 7-MINUTE EGG. It turned out so creamy, and was satisfying enough for dinner. The hubs loved it, and hubs is not the biggest fan of oatmeal. I think I have a convert!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon (I used Better Than Bouillon organic bouillon)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 3 TBS goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 7- minute eggs
- 1 avocado
- Spring mix with baby spinach, arugula & Italian parsley (my local grocer sells this mix)
- Olive oil, paprika, red pepper flakes & cracked pepper for garnish
- Cook the oats according to package directions with the water, milk, bouillon, salt and pepper
- While oats are cooking, prepare the 7-minute egg. When done plunge in ice water for 4-5 minutes (so that it is easy to peel)
- To serve, place the desired portion in a bowl, and top with the avocado and a bit of the spring mix. Cut the egg in half and place on top. Drizzle the oats with olive oil, and sprinkle with desired amount of paprika, red pepper flakes & cracked pepper.