Jump to recipe
Who else has the best memories of this soup? I’m guessing most of you had the Campbell’s version like I did when I was little. Too replicate this childhood favorite, I used Stelline Pasta and chopped the fresh onion, carrots & celery really small. I did the same with the chicken breasts. This nostalgic soup was a big hit with the fam!
- 2-3 TBS olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4-5 carrots chopped into small pieces
- 4-5 celery stalks chopped into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 12 cups of water
- 3 – 4 TBS Better than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 chicken breasts, poached & cut into small pieces
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups stelline pasta
- In a large Dutch oven heat olive oil & add diced onions. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in carrots & celery. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in garlic & sauté until fragrant.
- Add in Italian herb seasoning & sauté until fragrant.
- Pour in water & chicken base. Add the bay leaves. Bring to a simmer.
- Add prepared chicken & bring to a simmer. Taste broth & add salt, if needed.
- Let simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Turn up heat & bring to a low boil. Add in stelline pasta. Cook for 6-7 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- Serve with saltine crackers.