Jump to recipe
With Mardi Gras celebrations in full swing, you’re going to want to add this King Cake inspired no churn ice cream to your dessert menu. I used store bought vanilla pound cake & cinnamon to mimic that King Cake flavor. The purple, green & yellow sugar crystals really bring this ice cream to life. Let the good times roll!
Mardi Gras No Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (I always use fat free)
- 1 1/2 cups of cubed pound cake
- Purple, green & yellow sugar crystals
- Refrigerate your bread pan until ready to pour in the ice cream mixture.
- Whip the heavy cream, cinnamon & vanilla until soft peaks form. You do not want to over beat the cream or the final result won’t have the right texture.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk while the mixer is on medium. Whip for about 45 seconds or until every thing is well incorporated.
- Fold in the cubed pound cake, reserving a few pieces to garnish the top. Then gently pour the ice cream mixture into the chilled pan. Top with reserved pound cake cubes.
- Place in the freezer for at least 3 – 4 hours. When ready to serve sprinkle with purple, green & yellow sugar crystals.