Banana bread for chocolate lovers is a thing, right? This easy banana bread won’t last 5 minutes after coming out out of the oven. It’s delicious & pretty to look at, too. Enjoy!
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (reserve 1/3 cup for top)
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Grease 9×5 loaf pan. Line with parchment paper & set aside.
- Cream butter & sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
- Mash bananas with a fork. Add the mashed bananas & vanilla and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add to bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips & transfer mixture to prepared bread pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup chocolate over the top and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes.