Jump to recipe
I’ve made this off and on for more years than I care to admit. I thought of it the other day when a friend was coming over and the idea of a traditional “ladies lunch” came to mind. You can make one large mold or individual molds. It’s fresh & tastes like summer!
Sunshine Jello Salad
- 2 (3 oz) packages of sugar free lemon jello
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp fresh grated lemon peel
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup peeled chopped apples
- In a large bowl, dissolve the jello in the boiling water.
- Add cream cheese & juices and blend with a hand mixer until smooth. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepared your carrots and apples. I grate both in the food processor.
- Lightly grease your mold/s with vegetable oil. Wipe out with a paper towel so it is very lightly greased.
- When jello is partially set, add the carrots & apples. Spoon mixture into prepared mold/s. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until set. I like to do this overnight.
- Gently remove jello by sliding a knife around the edge. You will feel the jello pop off the mold. Turn over the mold on to a plate & gently tap until the mold falls out. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.