This is an incredibly easy dish to put together and it’s so flavorful. The creole seasoning really elevates this pasta. It’s just a great diversion from the typical Italian pasta dish. You’ll love this New Orleans inspired meal!
Creole Pasta w/Andouille Sausage
- 1 (12 oz) package of ribbed elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions minus 1 minute (reserve 1 cup of pasta water)
- 2 links of andouille sausage, thin sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Creole seasoning
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp chicken base
- 2 cups jalapeño Jack cheese
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- In a large cast iron pot heat 1 TBS olive oil. Add sliced sausage, onion, garlic & red pepper. Sauté until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are cooked down.
- Add can of tomatoes. Sauté until heated through.
- Add in heavy cream, reserved pasta water & chicken base. Bring to a low boil, until it thickens.
- Return drained pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Add in cheese and lightly toss. Cover the pot & leave heat on low for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped green onions.