Jump to recipe
My hubs loves anything with apples! YOU will love how simple this EASY APPLE TARTS are to make! I made a couple of tweaks to an Ina Garten recipe I saw on Food Network. All you need is some store bought puff pastry, some apples, butter & any jam you might have in the fridge! My version looks a little rustic. I still think they look pretty!
- 1 package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), defrosted
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 TBS of butter
- 3/4 cup jam or preserves (I used orange marmalade because that’s what I had in the fridge)
- 3 TBS rum or water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 pans with foil and parchment paper.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 pieces and place on the prepared pans. Place in refrigerator while you prepare apples.
- Cut apples in quarters, and peel & core. Slice the apples crosswise in 1/4 inch thick slices. Place overlapping slices of apples diagonally across the pastry and place one slice of apple on top of the arranged slices. Sprinkle the apples evenly with the sugar and dot them with the butter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the pastry is browned and the edges of the apples start to brown. The apple juices may spill over onto the pan and burn, which is fine.
- When the tarts are done, heat the jam or preserves together with the rum until it bubbles. Brush the apples and pastry completely with the jam mixture.
- Plate and serve warm