Jump to recipe
The first time I made these my hubs was like, “Fruitcake cookies? Not sure about that.” Once he tried them, he was hooked! They are so light & so tasty! And, the lemon drizzle ~ YAAAS!!!!
Fruitcake Cookies w/Lemon Drizzle
- 3 Tbsp brandy
- 1 1/4 cups fruitcake mix
- 1 1/4 cups + 1 TBS all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 TBS unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Microwave brandy & fruitcake mix until bubbling, about 45 seconds. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In your mixer, beat butter, sugar & the egg, until creamy. Reduce speed to low and add half the flour mixture, then sour cream, then remaining flour, mixing until combined after each addition.
- Fold fruit mixture and stir to evenly distribute.
- Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on to baking sheets. Bake until light golden brown, about 10 to 13 minutes. Cool on wire racks completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and let set.