Jump to recipe
I served this at my Oscar Party for 2 (me & the hubs) & it was a hit! This is the first time I’ve made hummus, so it took a little tweaking as I went along. My version was smooth, creamy and a little tart. I served it with pita chips & was it ever good! I don’t think I will ever be able to go back to store bought hummus ~ seriously! It was that good.
Hummus w/Sundried Tomatoes & Capers
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Filtered water, if needed
- Garnish: Parsley, capers, sundried tomatoes in oil, crunchy chick peas (I used Saffron Road) & olive oil
- Place chick peas in food processor and pulse until smooth. Add remaining ingredients (except garnish) and pulse until combined & smooth. Add a bit of water if the hummus is too thick.
- Transfer hummus to a serving dish. Garnish with rough chopped parsley & sundried tomatoes, capers & crunchy chick peas. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve with pita chips.