Jump to recipe
These crepes were scary good! I stuffed them with carmelized bananas & almond butter, and topped them with Tree Hive Maple Syrup + Honey, chocolate sauce, cacao nibs & pistachios. They were decadent & delicious. I have posted about the German Pancakes before; the recipe for the carmelized bananas is here for ya!
Crepes w/ Carmelized Bananas & Almond Butter
- See recipe for German Pancakes
- For Carmelized Bananas:
- 1 banana, sliced in 2 pieces the long way
- 4 TBS butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 oz rum
- Garnish: Almond butter, syrup, chocolate sauce, cacao nibs & pistachios
- Prepare crepes & set aside.
- Get 2 crepes ready by smearing a bit of almond butter in the center. Set aside.
- For the carmelized bananas:
- Heat butter in a saucepan. Once melted add the brown sugar.
- When the brown sugar is melted into the butter, add the banana, cut side down. Add the rum. It may flame up, so be careful. Once the alcohol burns off, the flame will extinguish. Spoon sauce over top of banana, while it sautés.
- Once the banana is lightly browned on the bottom, immediately place sliced banana on the prepared crepe. Pour remaining sauce over the banana.
- Top with cacao nibs, more almond butter, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, pistachios & syrup.