Jump to recipe
Happy Easter!! These pancakes were on the menu at our blended family Easter Brunch. I tested out these pancakes on the hubs last week and he loved them ~ they are loaded with shredded carrots, banana, coconut & pecans. I topped them with cream cheese frosting, syrup, more coconut and a Lindt mini chocolate bunny. Yummilicious!
Carrot Cake Pancakes w/Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart Pancake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk or nut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unstweetened shredded coconut
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 finely chopped pecans
- 1 (8 oz) low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 TBS heavy cream
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Syrup (I use Tree Hive Maple Syrup + Honey)
- Lindt Chocolate Bunnies
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees
- Combine all pancake ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- While pancake batter is resting, prepare frosting. Beat sugars and cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and heavy cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use a 1/3 measuring cup to ladle batter on griddle.
- Serve pancakes with syrup and a dollop of cream cheese frosting. Top with additional shredded coconut, cinnamon and a chocolate bunny, if desired.