Just in time for your Father’s Day Prep, I present Crack Sauce. At least, that’s what my family calls this parsley based salsa verde. Hubs made this incredibly flavorful NY strip by grilling it to an internal temp of 148 degrees. He seasoned this puppy with olive oil & his favorite rub. We ate it sliced and drizzled it with Crack Sauce. This stuff is so awesome on beef, chicken, empanadas, you name it! It’s packed full of parsley, lemon, garlic & capers. Anytime I serve it, I get a ton of requests for the recipe. Enjoy!
Parsley Salsa Verde (Crack Sauce)
- 1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, rinsed
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and rough chopped
- 4 TBS capers
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut the parsley leaves off the stems by running your knife across the stems, diagonally. It’s ok if you have some stems with your parsley leaves.
- Place everything, but the olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Turn the processor on low and slowly add olive oil.
- Taste salsa to determine if salt is needed. I usually do not add salt because the capers are quite salty.
- Serve in a bowl with your favorite meat, empanadas or whatever strikes your fancy!
- Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.