Jump to recipe
Who else needs a dose of black eyed peas on New Years? Our family has always had black eyes on the stove ready for a spoonful or a bowl for good luck. We’ve done this for a couple of generations. This sautéed version is so tasty and delicious. Everyone is going to want a big helping of this yummy dish.
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained
- Olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, rough chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- Sea salt & pepper
- Italian parsley for garnish
- Heat skillet on medium heat. Drizzle a bit olive oil and add red onion & red bell pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic & paprika and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add black eyed peas. Stir until peas are heated and everything is combined.
- Top with chopped Italian parsley.