Jump to recipe
When you eat these cookies I guarantee you’re gonna hear your favorite Christmas song happily singing in your head. They’re nostalgic, but with a modern touch. The lemon icing really sets them apart!
Fruitcake Cookies with Lemon Icing
- 3 TBS brandy
- 1 1/4 cups candied fruitcake mix
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 TBS unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Microwave brandy and fruitcake mix until bubbling, about 45 seconds. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low and add half the flour mixture, then sour cream, then remaining flour, mixing until combined after each addition.
- Add candied fruit mixture and stir to evenly distribute.
- Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on to baking sheets. Bake until light golden brown, about 10 to 13 minutes. Cool on wire racks completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and let set 30 minutes.