Jump to recipe
If you love chocolate this is your pie! Decadently delicious and you won’t be able to stop at one slice. I must warn you, this thing is large, as it is made in a 9 inch pie plate. You can also make mini pies and all you have to do is adjust the baking time.
Giant Chocolate Chess Pie
- Your fav pie crust
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp expresso granules
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 10 oz evaporated milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare in a 9 inch pie plate with pie crust. Must be a 9 inch pie plate. This is a very large pie. You can also make these in prepared tarts. Just adjust the baking time for tarts.
- Whisk sugar, cocoa, flour, espresso granules & salt together. Pour butter and evaporated milk into sugar & cocoa mixture and beat on high speed. Add vanilla and eggs. With mixer speed on high, mix for approximately 2-3 minutes, until light & kind of frothy.
- Pour mixture into 9 inch unbaked pie shell and bake for about 50 minutes. Check pie and determine is 15-20 more minutes is needed. The center of the pie should jiggle a bit – kind of light a firm jello. Cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before slicing. The pie will continue to set as it cools.
- Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate any leftovers.