Jump to recipe
Coffee cakes are so versatile and show off seasonal fruit so nicely. This one is full of raspberries and is made extra moist with the addition of ricotta. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 (16 oz) ricotta cheese (I used low fat)
- Sugar crystals for sprinkling
- Optional: Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease and flour the sides and bottom.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt & baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter & sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and blend until incorporated.
- Add half of the flour mixture & blend in. Then add the ricotta & blend until smooth. Add the remaining flour & blend until mixed well.
- Fold in the raspberries.
Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar crystals & bake for 60 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 30 minutes & remove from pan.
- Serve with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.