Jump to recipe
It’s strawberry season in South Texas and I’ve got a great recipe for you. These moist muffins will compliment any breakfast or brunch!
Strawberry Ricotta Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour,
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups fresh strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk ricotta cheese, eggs and yogurt until smooth.
- Add oil and vanilla extract, and mix until combined. Add the ricotta mixture into the flour mixture and fold with a spatula until combined.
- Gently fold in chopped strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & cool for 5-10 minutes. Place muffins on a cooling rack. When ready to serve dust with powdered sugar.