Jump to recipe
Happy St. Paddy’s Day! This simple & comforting pasta goulash is perfect for a little Irish celebration. Just add an Irish kiss for the cook!
- 1 (16 oz package) elbow macaroni, prepared according to package directions minus 1 minute (reserve 1 cup of pasta water)
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (4 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 (12 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- In a large pot, brown ground beef & onions. Season with sea salt & pepper.
- Add in minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Turn heat to low, and add in in all other ingredients, except peas & pasta. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in prepared pasta & frozen peas. Stir on low heat until heated through. Add a bit of reserved pasta water, if needed.
- Serve immediately in a bowl & enjoy!