This dish is flavorful and so easy to make. Just a few steps and you’ll be enjoying this yumminess in no time. I served mine with jasmine rice and blanched broccoli.
Enjoy in a few easy steps!
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bit size pieces
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Sweet & Sour Sauce:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 TBS low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- 1 TBS light brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- Garnish: Sesame seeds & sliced green onions
- Add chicken, cornstarch and sea salt & pepper to a zip lock bag. Shake until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Heat oil ice oil in a large skillet. Add prepared chicken and brown. Do not overcrowd the chicken. Brown in batches and set aside on paper towel lined plate. You may need to add additional oil as you go along.
- For the sauce, add all ingredients except cornstarch and water. Bring to a low boil.
- Whisk water & cornstarch and add to saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Put all of your chicken in the skillet and pour on the thickened sauce,
- Serve sweet & sour chicken over jasmine rice. Top with sesame seeds and green onions.