Jump to recipe
SMOKED PORK LOIN is an impressive entree. My hubs smokes it & it is delish! I served this luscious slab of lean pork for a family dinner in December. It was sooooo good with Twice Baked Potato Casserole & my Hatch Chile & Chicken Casserole. Yums!!!
Hint: We have a ice chest we only use for keeping things warm. We usually prepare a large pork loin for a family gathering or party. It is easier to finish the meat before your guests arrive. Once the meat is done, we wrap it and let it rest in the ice chest. The meat cooks for only about another 5 degrees and then maintains its temperature.
- Trimmed Pork Loin
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning (your choice)
- Italian parsley for garinisn
- Optional: Peach jalapeño preserves for topping
- Smear olive oil and seasoning of your choice on the meat. Let the meat marinate overnight.
- Prep the Big Green Egg fire with coals and oak wood chips.
- Brown the pork loin on all sides on your gas grill.
- When the fire temperature on the Green Egg reaches 280 degrees, place your pork loin on the grate. Put an internal temperature prob in the meat.
- When the temperature reaches 152 degrees, remove the pork loin.
- Let the meat sit for at least 15-20 minutes to rest.
- Slice and serve, immediately. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley. This meat is also delicious with peach jalapeño preserves.