Jump to recipe
I saw a fellow foodie on Instagram post a recipe using puff pastry to make a pizza, and knew I had to do it! This was so easy and really scrumptious! I used Fig Jam to round out this delicious, cheesy yumminess.
Chorizo, Fig & Shiitake Puff Pastry Pizza
- 1 package store bought puff pastry (you will use both pieces in the package)
- 1/2 cup Fig Jam mixed with 2 TBS filtered water
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and crumbled chorizo
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/3 cup thin sliced red onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, gruyere and asiago (I used Wisconsin Premium Finely Shredded Natural Cheese sold in a 6 oz. package & yellow cheese)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes and cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Take puff pastry out of freezer & place on large parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Once you can unfold and lay out your puff pastry, connect the2 pieces into one long pastry sheet. You can brush a bit if the Fig Jam mixture on the edges to make them seal together. Then brush all the edges, about 2 inches in, with the jam mixture.
- Layer the fillings by putting half the cheese first, then the mushrooms and onions, followed by the rest of the cheese. Top with cooked chorizo.
- Drizzle the remaining jam all over the pizza.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until crust is golden brown and cheese is beginning to brown.
- Top with chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes.