This reimagined taco soup is packed full of fresh veg, legumes all-natural beef. Just a little extra effort makes this healthier version of a classic an awesome addition to your easy soup collection. The traditional version uses canned goods. Not this one!! Fresh chopped tomatoes and corn straight off the cob are simple and yummy changes. It’s still ready in 20 minutes & so delicious!
Super Food Taco Soup
Category ENTREES Soups & Stews
- 1 lb all-natural ground beef
- Olive oil
- 3 chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp each of onion powder, Italian herb seasoning & paprika
- 2 ear of fresh corn cut from the cob (you can use frozen in a pinch)
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans (I freeze leftover pinto beans for just this purpose)
- 1 (15 oz) low sodium hominy
- 16 oz of your fav beef bone broth
- Sea salt & pepper, taste
- 1 bunch kale, cleaned & torn into small pieces
- Garnish: Tortilla Strips, Avocado & Lime
- Brown the ground beef & onion in a bit of olive oil. Add the chopped garlic & sauté until fragrant.
- Add in the spices & sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in all other ingredients & bring to a low boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes to meld all the flavors.
- While the soup is simmering, toss the prepared kale in a medium skillet with a bit of olive oil. Season with sea salt & pepper. When the kale begins to soften, turn off the heat.
- Serve the taco soup with a generous portion of kale and top with tortilla strips, avocado & a squeeze of lime.
2 comments / Add your comment below
Oh we love how healthy this is!
Thank you, Dina!