Jump to recipe
Check out our dinner from this evening! I’m super proud of this meal, y’all! You will love the sauce, and the chicken & apple smoked sausage makes it just a little different. It was a yummy combination! Plus, I used some leftover roasted butternut squash I had on hand! Enjoy!
Penne Pasta w/Grilled Chicken, Chicken Sausage, Butternut Squash & Spinach
- 1/2 of a 16 oz box of penne pasta cooked according to package directions. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of cooking liquid.
- 1 cup cubed & roasted butternut squash
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 TBS Better than Bouillon chicken bouillon
- S & P to taste
- 2 TBS chopped fresh sage
- 5 links of Chef Aidell’s Chicken & Apple Smoked Sausage, grilled and cut into small pieces
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Using the same large pot used to cook the pasta, sauté the garlic and shallot in olive oil, until fragrant. Add reserved pasta liquid & bouillon, and simmer until reduced by half. Turn off heat.
- Add the pasta, butternut squash & sage to the reduced liquid and combine well. Then fold in the spinach until it is slightly wilted. You may want to turn on the heat again, but just to simmer. You just don’t want the spinach to get overdone.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.