The danger of going to Costco is that your gonna come home with a boatload if whatever you buy. In my case, it’s plums! I’m gonna be makin’ plum everything, this week… Today, it’s a PLUM GALETTE – tart & sweet = yummy. And, of course, made easy by using the Texas Pie Original Pie Dough Puck. Gotta go! It’s time for dessert
- 5-6 plums, pitted and sliced about 1/4 thick
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBS flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Dash salt
- Squeeze lemon quarter
- Texas Pie Original Pie Dough Puck or pie dough of choice
- Egg wash & sugar for finishing
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper & sprinkle with flour
- Place the dough puck on the sheet & roll out into a circle about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place the plum filling in the center, leaving a 2 inch border of dough.
- Fold the dough up and over the filling, so it covers at least 2 inches of the filling, or more. Brush the edge with egg wash & sprinkle with course sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350°F and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Crust should be golden brown. Once removed from oven, let the galette rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.