Jump to recipe
I tweaked my Rustic Buttermilk Pie recipe to make it lemony. Turned out awesome! I just love tart lemon desserts, and this one hits the mark. The dusting of powdered sugar is a nice added touch.
- 1 pie crust (use your favorite recipe or pre-made pie dough)
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- Grated zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dash salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pie dough and place in an 8 inch pie plate. Trim excess & create a nice border. Using a fork, prick the dough evenly to keep it from shrinking during baking.
- Mix flour & sugar together.
- Add butter, vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add in eggs & buttermilk. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie dish.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. After 20 minutes turn down heat to 325 degrees. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown on top and firm. It will still be a bit giggly, but when it cools it will firm up.
- Dust with powdered sugar & serve.