This cobbler is so easy & delicious you’re going to want to make it over and over! It’s a great way to showcase that yummy peach flavor with minimal effort. Serve with some ice cream and you’re set.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup milk (I used 1% milk)
- 4-5 peaches, depending on size
- Cinnamon sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. Melt butter in a 7×11 (or 8×8) baking dish that is at least 2 inches deep. Once melted, remove from oven and make sure sides are greased with the butter.
- Boil a deep pot of water. Cut an X on the bottom skin of each peach. Plunge the peaches in the boiling water for 20 seconds and then place them in an ice bath for a few minutes. Peaches will now easily peel. Once peeled, slice the peaches into chunky wedges.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a 4 cup measuring cup. Add in the milk and throughly combine. Pour the mixture over the melted butter. Do NOT mix.
- Lay sliced peaches on top. Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top looks lightly golden.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.