It’s peach season in Texas! We had a late freeze, so the peaches are sticking to their stones. The taste was not effected – they are sweet & fragrant. Just perfect for this simple galette. Glad I grabbed some of these beauties.
- 1 Texas Pie Co. Pie Dough Puck at room temperature, or your favorite pie dough (sold at my local grocer – HEB)
- 3 cups peaches, sliced (I used Fredericksburg peaches – they are on the smaller side, so I used 5 peaches)
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1 TBS flour
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Sliced almonds and/or sugar to sprinkle on the crust. Another option is to just use sugar on the crust and sprinkle peaches with some crushed pistachios.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl toss sliced peaches with sugar & flour. Set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 12-14 inch round. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Arrange peaches in the center, leaving a 2 inch border to fold over and around the peaches. Fold the border over the filling, pleating the edge to make it fit. The center will be open. To make the border look neat, I fold the crust edge over slightly before folding over the filling.
- Brush crust with egg yolk and sprinkle with almonds and sugar
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown