Jump to recipe
The hubs loves this light, yet decadent cake! It’s not too sweet and is moist in the middle. I found this cake recipe written in French, and had to experiment until I got the correct amounts for each ingredient. I feel like I got it just right. Try it and let me know what you think!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup riccota
- 4-5 apricots, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line an 8 x 8 glass baking dish w/parchment paper
- Beat the butter & sugar, until creamy. Then add the egg yolks one at a time, beating between each. Add the lemon juice and zest, until incorporated. Add both flours & mix in.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into the flour mixture, carefully. Now, add in the ricotta, delicately.
- Put the dough into the prepared dish. Lightly press in the apricot halves, skin side down. Sprinkle a little sugar on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool, before removing the parchment paper from the cake. Cut into squares.