If you’re a fan of apples and pumpkin this is your pie! I used pecans in the streusel and pre-made pie crust. It’s perfect for all your fall celebrations! I also solved the problem of the soggy bottom you often get with an apple pie. A little 10-minute pre-bake did the trick.
Apple Pumpkin Streusel Pie
- Your fav pie crust (I use pre made pie dough)
- For the Apple Layer:
- 2 cups peeled, cored & sliced apples (I prepared 3 medium apples)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBS flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- For the Pumpkin Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 TBS butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 TBS butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare pie crust in an 9 inch pie plate. Make air holes by poking a fork evenly all over the crust. Pre-bake for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Combine apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon in medium bowl. Place on bottom of the pie.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, melted butter, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl. Carefully pour over apple mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While pie is baking, combine streusel ingredients in a medium bowl. Using a fork, mash & combine until mixture is a course texture.
- After the 30 minutes of initial baking is complete, Remove pie from the oven. Carefully spoon the streusel evenly on the top of the pie. Return to oven & bake for 25 -30 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. If needed, cover the top with foil (no need to crimp) so that the top does not get over browned.