Jump to recipe
I’ve been wanting to make homemade Graham crackers for awhile. After researching a number of recipes, here is what worked well for me. They were a big hit with the family!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 TBS honey
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and honey. Mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flours & baking soda. Add to the butter mixture a little at a time. Mix well.
- Place the mixture in a gallon bag. Knead in the bag until you form a ball.
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of wax paper to about 1/8″ thickness
- Cut the sheet of dough into individual cracker sizes. I used a square biscuit cutter. Use the blunt end of a skewer (a toothpick is too small) to make holes in the crackers.
- Carefully move the squares to a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Optional: Sprinkle each square with a pinch of cinnamon sugar
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes to harden
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake until crackers begin to brown, about 15-20 minutes.