I made this for a family gathering and everyone went crazy over this dish. It’s great as a side dish or as the main meal. It has a few steps, but it is well worth it. The best part is that I used cherry tomatoes from my garden! This is gonna be a permanent fixture on our table. The original recipe is from Half Baked Harvest and was made with gnocchi. In addition to using pasta, I made a few other tweaks for my taste. The link to the original recipe is on the recipe.
Summer Pasta w/Roasted Tomato Pesto, Corn, Zucchini & Feta
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 TBS lemon zest
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package of gemelli pasta (I used a 17.6 oz package)
- 4 zucchini, quartered
- 4 ears of fresh corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 (8 oz) block of feta cheese cut into small cubes
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh basil & red pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a roasting pan, drizzle tomatoes with olive oil & season with sea salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes for 10-15 minutes, or until they start to blister & split. Remove from oven & let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions & subtracting 1 minute from suggested cooking time. Before draining reserve 1 cup of pasta liquid.
- When done, drain pasta and return pot to stove. Add 2 TBS olive oil and sauté fresh corn niblets for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 1 pint of the roasted tomatoes and the toasted pine nuts, lemon zest, garlic, cheese, & olive oil to a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the remaining roasted tomatoes (and any liquid from roasting), zucchini & reserved pasta water to the sautéed corn. Add sea salt & pepper to taste.
- Add in the drained pasta, feta cheese cubes and the tomato pesto sauce. Toss until everything is coated.
- Garnish with fresh basil & red pepper flakes. Serve warm.