Jump to recipe
Originating in Campeche, Mexico, this shrimp cocktail is gonna change your life! I had my first version of this yumminess at a legendary Mexican restaurant in San Antonio. All you need is your fav Bloody Mary mix, salsa, cubed avocado & cucumber, chopped cilantro, cooked shrimp & lime. Enjoy!
Campechana (Spicy Shrimp Cocktail)
You can also add crab or octopus to this dish. It’s really up to your taste and imagination!
- 1 cup Bloody Mary mix
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup rough chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 cup cubed cucumber
- 1 cubed avocado
- 8 large cooked shrimp ( cut 6 into large chunks/set aside 2 for garnish)
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Saltine crackers
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss. Serve in chilled glasses.
- Garnish with cilantro, lime & shrimp.
- Serve with saltine crackers.