I was looking for an Asian recipe for making salmon and found this gem. It is originally from My Diary of Us. She has a blog and Instagram page by the same title. I made a couple of tweaks for ease of preparation. I really love this twist on baked salmon.
- 1 – 2 lbs salmon
- 1 TBS white miso paste
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS grated ginger
- 1 TBS red wine vinegar
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Garnish: Green onion slices & black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil & parchment paper. Place salmon on the parchment. Refrigerate until the next step.
- Make a glaze with the miso paste, soy sauce, ginger, red wine vinegar, honey & sesame oil in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour the marinade on the salmon and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and bake for 10 -15 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil and broil on high for 2 minutes to caramelization the top of the salmon.
- Garnish with sliced green onions & sesame seeds and serve.